Oasis for Youth operates a drop-in Resource Center for youth ages 16-24. Resources and outreach are targeted toward youth who live, work or attend school in Bloomington, Richfield and Edina, however, no youth in need are turned away. Oasis for Youth meets the needs of youth through individualized case management, connections to resources, improved access to services and supports, and assistance with basic needs. All our services are offered free of charge.
The Resource Center operates out of Oak Grove Presbyterian Church in Bloomington at the intersection of Penn Avenue South and Old Shakopee Road.
The staff are available by appointment at the Resource Center Monday through Friday, 9am to 5 pm.
Youth Drop-In hours are Monday through Friday, 2pm to 5pm. Youth are met by trained and caring volunteers or a case manager. At the Resource Center we offer:
- Free Clothes Closet and hygiene/personal care products
- Food resources including weekly trip to VEAP
- Laundry and showers
- computer lab and internet access,
- Job-search assistance, and educational support
- Transportation assistance
- On-site mental health counseling by Headway
- On-site legal aid by Youth Law Project
- Health, wellness and parenting support from Bloomington Public Health
- Referrals to federal, county and local services and assistance with system navigation
- Referrals to shelter and housing programs including the Suburban Host Home Program
- Rental assistance
- Case Management and goal planning
- Connections to caring adults